Let’s just pretend we are at the mall “people watching”. The majority of males walk passed other males and they get in miniature stare downs as they continue to walk by. I believe males look at other males in order to “size them up” and figure out if they can “take them”. I know when I am watching other guys (especially the ones who look like they are out for a fight); I look for any weaknesses such as a limp, locate any weapons, the way they hold their hands, their overall posture to see if they are confident, and the particular clothes they are wearing. I pay close attention to the clothes primarily because, quite frankly, it can be used against them or hide weapons. The baggy shirts can easy be used to choke them (called a Gi Choke), or you could go hockey-style and pull it over their heads, and the baggy pants most of all limit their mobility (running, kicking, etc.). I believe most guys think this way just maybe not to the extent I do, but let me clarify that I strictly do it as a form of defense and not to initiate fights.
Women are on a totally different thought process level. If you watch the women they will look at another woman and completely scan her from head to toe (usually followed by a disgusted look on their face for some reason). I am convinced the initial reasoning for this is to see who is more physically attractive. Women are so critical on what other women wear and how they wear it. This seems to be an internal competition between them. The question is why do we do this?
I think the answer is pretty simple. The media, history, and society tells us to. There is no hiding that men LOVE violence. We crave movies, video games, and T.V. shows that promote fighting and killing and we feel it is in our nature. We are designed to be the hunters and protectors for our families. This absolutely gets converted into our everyday lives. We have completely taught ourselves to act this way by repeatedly exposing ourselves to violence one way or another.
Women have been force-fed by T.V. and magazines to believe they need to have perfect bodies and wear clothes that promote their bodies in a sexy manner (not that I am complaining!). They constantly place a huge stress on themselves in an attempt to be the best looking woman in eye view of a man that they hold grudges towards women whom they find “threatening”.
Bottom line:
Women, you don’t need to dress perfect and have ten pounds of make-up on to be attractive (we can figure it out).
Men, you don’t always need to be the “tough guy” and walk around glaring or attempting to start fights…being nice is okay once in a while.
No comments:
Post a Comment